Support for AVG CloudCare Anti-Virus
This support page is to help customers that have bought AVG CloudCare directly from us. If you have bought AVG CloudCare from a different provider, please contact them for support.
If you have bought AVG CloudCare from us and can’t find the answer that you are looking for, please call us for further assistance on 0333 900 6000.
- Click the download link in the email that was sent to you after you signed up for AVG CloudCare.
- When prompted by your web browser, choose “Run” or “Open” if one of those options is available.
- If “Run” or “Open” isn’t available, choose “Save,” and then locate the downloaded file and double-click it to launch the installer.
- The AVG CloudCare software will now install on your PC. This may take some time so be patient.
- Restart the PC when asked to do so.
AVG CloudCare doesn’t install a desktop icon. Instead, it puts the icon on the taskbar in the bottom right corner of your screen. If you can’t see the icon, it may be hidden. Click the ‘Show hidden icons’ icon to reveal the icons that are out of sight.
AVG CloudCare will update itself automatically when new updates become available. This happens at least once a day, and quite often more than once a day.
If you want to check for updates manually, double click the AVG CloudCare icon on the taskbar at the bottom right of your screen. The AVG user interface will pop up on your screen. If the green button on the right shows ‘Protection is up-to-date’ you don’t need to do anything else. If it shows ‘Update now’ , click the button and the AVG software will download and install any available updates.
AVG CloudCare will run a full scan of your PC once a week without you needing to do anything. Unless you have changed the time/day of this scan, the scan will run every Wednesday at 12pm. The scan will run automatically when the PC next starts up if the scheduled scan was missed because the PC was tuned off.
Call us on 0333 900 6000. We will take your order over the phone and activate the additional AVG licences for you as soon as possible.
Yes you can. It is imperative that you tell us before you do this though as we need to deactivate the software on the old PC first. If you don’t notify us first, the AVG CloudCare system will generate a new license which in turn will be invoiced to you at the standard price.
- Contact us and ask us to deactivate the AVG on the old PC.
- This will automatically uninstall the AVG CloudCare system from that PC.
- On the new PC, click the link in the email that we send you to start the installation process.
- Once the installation process has completed, you will be asked to restart your PC.
Call us on 0333 900 6000 and we will deactivate the software for you. The AVG CloudCare will then remove itself from your PC completely automatically.
Call us on 0333 900 6000. Please note, that whilst your subscription can be cancelled immediately, we are unable to offer refunds for any unused time remaining on your subscription. We can however transfer this to another PC for you if you prefer.
This area of the AVG CloudCare system is for customers who have a self-managed system. This requires an element of additional training and is normally only given to customers who have a considerable quantity of PCs on the CloudCare system. Most of our customers have a partner managed system. This means that we look after the administration of the account on your behalf. If you feel you should have access to the online portal, please call us on 0333 900 6000.
You will receive this message if your AVG software has downloaded a corrupted virus definition file. To correct the fault please carry out the following procedure.
- Double click the AVG CloudCare icon on the taskbar to run the AVG software.
- Click Options at the top right corner of the AVG screen.
- Click Advanced settings.
- Click the “+” next to Update in the column on the left.
- Click Manage.
- Click the Delete temporary update files button in the main window and then click Yes.
- Click Yes if prompted by a box headed ‘User Account Control’.
- Click OK.
- Click OK.
- Click the Update button.